Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Overload...

You know that feeling when teachers take everything really slowly and then realize at the end of the semester that they still have weeks worth of information to cram into a few days? That's how last week was for me, and that's how this week is going. Last week, I had a test in biology, two quizzes in APUSH, an English test, and a math problem set and Spanish project to work on. This week, I have a lab in biology, a quiz in APUSH in addition to an 80-question multiple choice test over 7 chapters, a graded discussion in English, and the presentation of my Spanish project (which was yesterday). My math teacher, at least, has gone at a pace that is allowing her to drag out our last chapter into very small subsections, which is nice.

In addition to everything else, I am working on National History Day (nhd.org), which is due the Tuesday we come back from break (my birthday!). It involves a trifold board that is almost 6-feet tall and an annotated bibliography which will hopefully include around 50 sources (38 right now). Even though we have collected a good deal of sources, we haven't gotten to reading all of the books and putting post-its in them, or taking notes on the online sources. Our goal? To read everything by Saturday. Reality? Hopefully we will finish reading by Wednesday in order to work on the board.  Here comes stress/ sleep deprivation my whole break! Even though I'm kind of excited to see everything come together.

I really, really, am going to try to blog more often. You just know where I am now if I magically disappear after being murdered by textbooks and assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment