Monday, December 31, 2012

2013!

Happy New Year, everyone! 2012 just flew by!
Here are some of the best things that happened this year. :)


  • Starting USY! Sure, I've been in youth group since 3rd grade, but my first convention was this year, and I can't imagine my life without all of the amazing people I have met. I feel like this year has really given me a chance to connect with prayer and become even more invested in my Judaism. Shoutouts to CRUSY and all of the International SuperMegaCuddlyAwesome Sophomores!
  • Getting into Chamber Orchestra, the top orchestra at my school. I love having the opportunity to play original classical music, and I am really proud that I have worked myself up to where I am with almost no private instruction. 
  • Getting my new violin. I am still depressed about losing my other one, and I still get sick to my stomach thinking about it, but I am really beginning to believe that it was for the better. My new one is gorgeous, has a better sound to it, and is just simply way nicer than the first. 
  • My Confirmation Class weekend at a really fancy hotel. I'll admit that I wasn't really looking forward to this trip, but I ended up having a pretty great time. Just like I posted about on my blog once before, I have the best class ever. It's amazing to be in an environment where you can walk up to virtually anyone and have a conversation, and that's exactly what I have. Our staycation was a great bonding experience, and a ton of fun, and even the Saturday morning classes have been pretty great thanks to all of my friends. 
  • National History Day. As of tomorrow or Wednesday, my final exhibit board should be finished. That part is a nightmare. But I have actually really enjoyed the research portion, and I have fallen in love with my topic (the Little Rock Nine). Through this project, I have discovered several of my favorite books, and ultimately, discovered nine role models.
So there are a few of the best parts of my year! Feel free to share yours!
Have a great 2013!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Gabby, I nominated you for an award here: http://bookworm716.blogspot.com/2013/02/reader-appreciation-award.html

    ReplyDelete