Sunday, April 22, 2012

Back Again

I know, same story, but I've once again disappeared from the blogging world for a while. This time, though, I think the time really paid off. My schoolwork has been requiring a lot more attention, and I can definitely say I've been working harder. I took a math test on Friday, and I'm really happy to say it got my grade up to something more acceptable for me. It isn't quite where I hope it will be, but is anything ever good enough for a perfectionist?
I've also been working hard at piano- my teacher has had me memorize two songs in a row, and I think they sound pretty good! I'm definitely ready to record and post a video of one of them, so I'm excited about that. :) 
Some good and bad about orchestra- Good: I got second chair! That's right, more hard work and practice paying off. I get to play in a nonet in the concert, which is exciting. 
Bad: I killed my violin on Thursday, and I can't even start on how depressed I am about it. You don't understand until you have an instrument and you ruin it, but losing a good instrument is a lot like losing a person. I get sick every time I think about it, and nothing feels right- I've tried other violins because I know I will need to replace it, but nothing is mine. I'm probably going to end up getting the same model as my old one, and just hoping that I can learn to love it as much. </3


Sorry I didn't post more about Passover- it was a very fast week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Gabby, I nominated you for an award here:
    http://bookworm716.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete